Monday 2 May 2005

How Stankee?

*Dizzee Rascal is the latest hip hop performer to set up his own record label. The rapper plans to invest some of the money he has made through the success of his albums 'Boy In Da Corner' and 'Showtime' in Dirtee Stank records with the mission of discovering and promoting UK urban music talent. Commenting on his new venture, the rapper said he was motivated to set up the label after becoming disillusioned with the way established music companies tone down urban artists and their music to make them more mainstream: "Majors don't fully understand the scene. They try and water it down and it doesn't work. That's why I'm working on Dirtee Stank. I got my group Klass A and I think they're really strong."* I read this on CMU Daily but I thought Dirtee Stank had existed for some time and Klass A were signed to it time ago?

No comments: