Friday 5 August 2005

Last Night An MC Saved My Life

Well, kind of. Without wanting to worry my ma or pa too much, had an adventure of the not nice sort on the way back from Forward @ Plastic People. On the short trip to yard a man on a bike decided he'd keep me company. Whether he was following me or not I cannot say but he wasn't leaving my side despite my crossing the road and making it clear I didn't want to conversate. My plan was to head into the kebab shop and get my Turkish boy dem on the case (they're a dependable bunch) but low and behold Skepta and Jammers cousin (what a joker, sorry I've forgotten your name) pulled up alongside. Knights in a shiny red car. Big up Skepta and co cause they didn't get rowdy (as many a man would have) but managed to get rid of the guy who seemed to be getting worked up at their arrival, their questioning of his motives and why he wouldn't just go. Relaying the tale to Mr Miller this morning he told me to be careful out there which brings me to the point, how do we legally protect ourselves. How many women remember to pack their rape alarm on a daily basis? If someone gave me pepper spray, rags I'd carry. Women feeling in danger is no new thing but I'd hate to think I'm going to have to start going out with a hemet on my head and bin bag clothes to avoid being disrespected or worse getting put in a dark place. It's an age old debate but how big a part in such incidents does our dress sense play? Thanks again Skepta.

1 comment:

Blackdown said...

shame he didnt try a ting in FWD chan, he would have been hit from 45 different directions! keep safe gyal...