Sunday 3 February 2008

The Hitchhiker


The Hitchhiker
Originally uploaded by photosur
Life's a bit funny at the moment - and I'm not laughing. A wise woman once said to me that at 27, strange things happen to women. According to her prediction, it could be random. Maybe it's some kind of switch flicking inside, or something not so simple, like a change in relationship, moving job or home... I'm not quite sure which path I'm on at the moment. But i'm no longer blonde. I've never set goals as I've found life too unpredictable to warrant it. With the belief happiness is the route of success, I'm some of the way there. We all have our off days, where the stress has us counting down the hours to sleep, just because we don't want to think or feel anymore. However dark it gets though, I remind myself how lucky I am to be where I am and commend myself for the battles I've fought to be here. I don't always smile but it's better to want more than be happy with what you have, in the same way it can be better to hurt than it is to be strong and wrong. With a supportive family and a solid group of friends around you, you have the basis for everything. So even if my route leaves me in a cul-de-sac, I'm sure I'll find the way there.

No comments: